Getting an ultra cheap wireless IP camera to put out an RTSP Stream with updated config file. This enables it to be firewalled off the wider internet (local view only).
I paid $14 with free shipping when ordered. Comes with USB plugpack (NZ/AU) and USBC cable. No SD card ordered with it.
Current price is $19 as of this note.
Setup with Android App
It can be set up with the V380 app in the android play store. I set it up with a static IP.
Getting RTSP to work
- Create a file called ceshi.ini in root directory of a micro sd card containing this below, make a .txt file and change its .txt to .ini and name it ceshi then put this in it and save it
- Put it in the root the Micro SD Card with nothing on it (and in Fat32).
- Turn camera off, insert the micro sd card, boot camera, wait a while, turn camera off, remove sd card, boot camera. (Voice prompt changes and says something in chinese as well as the usual English info)
- After that, the camera updated and RTSP port was now open.
- Delete the file off the SD card before you use it again.
This is the url I used to view it in VLC
- I can only get a 1280×720 stream (or ch00_0 will give 640) so I doubt it is truly 1080p.
- It didn’t need a password (I haven’t gone back yet to set one)
- Useful Links:
- Tech support email (they are apparently somewhat responsive) is firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may need to patch the firmware (or replace it) if it is too old. Some patching notes here https://blog.caller.xyz/v380-ipcam-firmware-patching/
- I’m told you also need the following firmware:
Software version: AppV380E11_EXIOPTZ_ETH_V220.127.116.11_20180611
Firmware version: HwV380E11_WF3_EXIOPTZ_ETH_20160217
If you email support, they apparently provide you with a AK3918E-V200_V.18.104.22.168 .zip file
Files received from the support team or other places online
Don’t blame me if this firmware bricks your camera or sets fire to your dog. I haven’t tested most of them and they are here for my reference only (and some are likely identical). If you need a zip password, it is “v380v380”. To upgrade the firmware files you apparently:
- Unzip the files
- Copy the files to the root of the microSD
- Restart the camera
- Wait until the update finishes, listening if you have a horn or watching the LEDs
- Check that the ports have been opened
- Delete the SD update files